Starting school September 2019? Come and look at Ark Little Ridge!
Ark Little Ridge will be open for visits for prospective September 2019 Reception families – please contact the school office to arrange a visit - we look forward to meeting you!:
Tuesday 30th October: 9.30, 10.00 and 11.00 am
Wednesday 31st October: 9.30, 10.00 and 11.00 am
Thursday 1st November: 1.30 and 2 pm
Want to apply for a place? Click here for further information.
Every ARK school aims to protect and promote the welfare of its students. We all recognise that abuse and neglect can and do happen, at home and elsewhere. We are often the first to see the signs, and we are individually and collectively responsible for making sure that these are acted on. We must have procedures that make sure that everyone knows what actions to take, and when. At the same time we must never lose sight of the child him or herself, and of their immediate and longer term needs.
- We do our best to identify children who are suffering or are likely to suffer abuse and to act to protect and help them, working with other relevant services.
- We set clear child protection procedures and make sure that everyone in our schools understands and follows them.
- We reinforce our child protection policy with strong policies for recruitment, for preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment, and for teaching children how to protect themselves.
- We train our staff in the implementation of these and all other policies relevant to safeguarding.
- We review the outcomes of our work to make sure that we continue to strike the right balance.
Download our Safeguarding Policy: Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2018 2019 Generic with Appendix A.pdf