New Reception Year pupil intake for September 2018
Congratulations to all those allocated a September 2018 Reception Year place at Ark Little Ridge! Please remember to return paper copies of your completed admission forms to our school office as soon as possible to confirm your acceptance. If you have been offered but do not wish to take up your place, please do let the school office know as soon as possible so that the place can be allocated to another pupil.
Every ARK school aims to protect and promote the welfare of its students. We all recognise that abuse and neglect can and do happen, at home and elsewhere. We are often the first to see the signs, and we are individually and collectively responsible for making sure that these are acted on. We must have procedures that make sure that everyone knows what actions to take, and when. At the same time we must never lose sight of the child him or herself, and of their immediate and longer term needs.
- We do our best to identify children who are suffering or are likely to suffer abuse and to act to protect and help them, working with other relevant services.
- We set clear child protection procedures and make sure that everyone in our schools understands and follows them.
- We reinforce our child protection policy with strong policies for recruitment, for preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment, and for teaching children how to protect themselves.
- We train our staff in the implementation of these and all other policies relevant to safeguarding.
- We review the outcomes of our work to make sure that we continue to strike the right balance.
Download our Safeguarding Policy: Safeguarding Policy September 2017-18 LR PDF.pdf