Admissions and how to apply
Starting at the school in September 2021?
Virtual Tours and After School Visits for Admissions September 2021
Ark Little Ridge After School Visits:
Thursdays in November 3.30 or 4.30pm
Please contact the school office for further details and book your place
Virtual Tours & Meet the Head of School
Tuesday 3rd November 9.30 am
Wednesday 11th November 1.30 pm
Thursday 19th November 9.30 am
Please email school office to register interest with title ‘Virtual Tour’ in subject line
TEL: 01424 752266
Head of School: Kate Woolley
How to Apply
The school will admit 60 reception year students each September. Please see our prospectus here for more details of life at Ark Little Ridge Academy.
Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure, which you can download here. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Little Ridge in September 2021 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex website here.
Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2021 open online from 12 September 2020and close on 15 January 2021.
Allocation decisions sent on (offer date): 16 April 2021
Appeal hearings: June and July 2021
Please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs E Harrison, on email@example.com if you have any queries.
Closing date for primary school applications is 15 January 2021
National Allocation Day is 16 April 2021
Appeal hearings take place June - July 2021
Ark Network Appeals Timetable - download here
If you have any questions about the school, the admissions process, or want to arrange a visit, then please contact us.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council, please see their website here. If you would like to visit the academy please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs E Harrison, on firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to meet you.
Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the admissions policies above.