Admissions and how to apply
Starting at the school in September 2019?
Our open days for our September 2020 intake are as follows:
Tuesday 12th November at either 09:30, 10:00 or 11:00 am
Wednesday 13th November at 13:30 pm
Thursday 14th November at eithee 09.30, 10.00 or 11:00 am
Please contact our school office to confirm a day and time for your visit. Tel: 01424 752266 or email: email@example.com with YR VISITS in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
The school will admit 60 reception year students each September. Please see our prospectus here for more details of life at Ark Little Ridge Academy.
Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure, which you can download here. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Little Ridge in September 2020 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex website here.
Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2020 open online from 12 September 2019 and close on 15 January 2020.
Allocation decisions are sent on 16 April 2020.
Please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs E Harrison, on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Closing date for primary school applications is 15 January 2020
National Allocation Day is 16 April 2020
Appeal hearings take place June - July 2020
Ark Network Appeals Timetable - download here
If you have any questions about the school, the admissions process, or want to arrange a visit, then please contact us.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council, please see their website here. If you would like to visit the academy please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs E Harrison, on email@example.com, who will be happy to meet you.
Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the admissions policies above.