Religious education enables children to investigate and reflect on some of the most fundamental questions asked by people. At Ark Little Ridge we enable children to develop a sound knowledge and understanding of Christianity and some knowledge of other world religions, including Judaism and Islam. Children reflect on what it means to have a faith and to develop their own spiritual knowledge and understanding. We help the children learn from religions as well as about religions.
The aims of religious education are to help children:
· develop an awareness of spiritual and moral issues in life experiences;
· develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity;
· develop some knowledge of other world religions;
· be able to reflect on their own experiences and to develop a personal response to the fundamental questions of life;
· develop an understanding of religious traditions and to appreciate the cultural differences in Britain today;
· have respect for other people’s views and to celebrate the diversity in society.
RE is taught in accordance with the East Sussex Local Authority Agreed Syllabus for RE and scheme of work. Alongside Christianity, children study other major religions including Islam and Judaism.
Parents/carers are able to withdraw their child from RE or collective worship but should discuss this with the Principal.
please see our whole school RE overview.docx